Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm bacccccccccccccccck - LOL

I am looking at my recent trip to MI as a pilgramige, and our trip back as nothing less then a mircle.

I feel my trip to be with my oldest DD during the birth of her first child and my first grandchild was a mission God sent me on. I needed to see how she lived, who she was with these people she lived, and that she was basicly "OK". I guess it is a mom thing, but I am grateful God lite a fire under me and made it possible for me to be there and experince her life and to not let her down, when so many have in her very short life.

So first off, I missed the birth by 12 hours due that she had to have an emergency C-section as the baby was breech. Second, my wonderful Emma Elizabeth was actualy Jack Edward! They told us for 6 months it was a going to be a girl, and hundreds of pink dollars latter they pulled out a healthy baby boy! LOL Cia La Vie - Thats LIfe
Mom and baby are duing fine and everyone bonded and had a great time. The younger kids loved being with their big sis during this special time, and it made my heart swell to have all 5 of my children under one roof again. We even got to squeeze in some snowmobiling time before we left. The average temp the whole time we were there was 10 degree's.........Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Now our trip home was an incrediable test in faith, patients, and love.

First we got a late start due that our tow dolly had a flat and had to have that fixed on a Sunday morning in small town northern MI. Then we were doing well until we started running into some bad weather north of Lansing. Quicker then you can say, "should we pull over?", we lost controll of our SUV which was towing my DH chevy pick-up truck. I remember looking out the windshield as we became airborn and thinking to myself that we were going to roll. I braced myself as my DH yelled for everyone to hold on to something, and started to pray. We landed with a dull thud upright in a mud bog in the median. - PRAISE THE LORD!!! I was sitting there thinking, "that wasn't so bad", when a gental man who stopped to help asked us how the heck did we manage not to roll; since from his view of the accident that is what should have happened. I lost it and started to cry. Well the police got us a tow truck and that driver wanted to know where we were headed. When we told him the Nashville area he asked , "why the heck you facing north then"?

Well the truck had come up off the dolly and was sitting on the Durango hitch, which mad us thankful that the whole truck and dolly didn't fly all the way lose and land on top of us. We are also extreamly thankful that niether of our airbags deployed. Everyone of us, six in all, and all three vehicals were mostly alright. The car dolly was whacked a little, so after being towed out we had to find an AutoZone to fix it before we could tow again. They had to pull each item out seperatly from the mud, and that is expensive. When we told the tow guy we only had X amount of money to get home he only charged us half price. I want to believe it was because he knew we were Christians and not because he already had 3 more calls the same as ours to answer.

So a 16 hour trip took us over 21 hours, we arrived home at almost 6 a.m. the next day. My husband hadn't slept in 2 days due to driving up to MI to join us. So he called into work that day. Unfortunaly he had called into work the MOnday before because the U joints fell out of his truck on the way home from MI that week as well, and missed 2 days of sleep also. And since he missed the first MOnday of the month as well due to court over our child support from my ex, that ment he hand't worked a whole week the month of January. They fired him.
So we are duing much praying and soul searching. My DH used to work two jobs before the twins were born, one at the boat factory and the other at the AutoZone. They are building two new ones in M'boro and many of the employees are jumping ship to work at the new stores that are closer to them. So my DH is up for managment at his old store, which is also the closest one to us. We should know by next week. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you much, and remember that God is always with you.

Blessings, Beth Ann



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you all are doing ok, safe and sound. Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Sounds like a trip filled with ups and downs and a surprise or two.