Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just checking in

Thought I would check in before I leave tomorrow for Cinncinatti  and the Great Home School Convention.  I will be gone 4 days, but K will be here with the kids and doing some much needed car/RV maintence.  I went to this same convention 3 years ago, but now it is twice the size as before with a grand finale of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar (TLC fame).  There has been some controversey over speakers as this perpertrated to be a christian event.  The convention un-invited Ken Ham, founder and CEO of Answers in Genisis).  You can find out more about this at http://www.answersingenisis.com/    AIG also runs the Creation Museum, right outside of Cincy, so he will be speaking there and offer addional items for all registered coventiont attendees, including a free day pass to the museum and if you never been, you should.  They are currently in the processes of building a replica of the ark!  Again, check these folks out : )

I am still knitting away.  I just finished a scarf for an April b-day and will make the hat when I return.
Here is the scarf and it matches the fingerless gloves I made her for last years b-day : )

I am still big into hats and am making this tourquoise, sequenced one for myself : )

This is the book I take many of my patterns from.  They are easy and basic.  If your not a Harry Potter fan just sub any color you wish, as I do with my beannie hats!  So far I only made one HP hat and the rest are just reg. w/specialty yarn for flair.  Same goes for scarves and socks. 


I had a friend ask me yesterday to share a craft booth with her at an upcoming event ~ EEK!  Do I have enough items?  Guess I need to get on a hat binge.  How many hats can I knit on the 5 hour trip to and from Cincy?  Can I knit during the covention workshops?  Should I knit into the night?  What else should I make besides hats?  B said she would make some rice bags to sell, those are always popular as gifts and for boo-boos : )  I think it will be fun.  I just feel so darned blessed to live here and have such an aray of friends to do things with and share my faith as well.  I thank God everyday for leading me and my family down here.

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: