Friday, June 24, 2011

Crafts and Booty

`
The rain has stopped here in middle TN. and it is another beautiful sunny day and around 90.  Today was our bi-monthly trip into the 'boro, to get what ever we can not find in our 'bury.  We took the whole family, always an exciting feat.  This trip was special as we included Hobby Lobby.  For those who aren't familiar, Hobby Lobby is a Christian based retail store that specializes in home decor and all manner of craft items.  And yes, they are closed Sunday : )  Daughter B needed some items for her home ec. class and since we were there I thought I would pick up some yarn.  Get started on some Christmas knitting.

Here is some of the booty.  The big solid colors will be used in conjunction with my novelty yarn for hats and bags.

Here is a close up of some Alpaca yarn I picked up in camo colors.  I will make my son in-law and 2 grandsons matching hats for Christmas in the traditional green camo.  My daughter will get the purple camo and her two step-daughters will receive natural color camo hats.  I wish you could feel how soft this is!  I don't think she typically reads my blog, and if she did I am sure she is so busy with the kids she will forget this before Dec.  I should be safe posting this : )

Here is yet another hat I have finished for my stock pile.  For every two I knit, I end up giving one away as a gift.  So no, I am not getting very far but would rather give them away to people I love anyway.

Here is the bag I knitted during VBS last week.  I took the time to line this one, and it turned out wonderful!  I don't think I can give it away!  Oh, and a big hand to my model and twin son E!


I even took the time and expense to add one of my fancy name labels to the bag, ooooohhhhh -aaaaaaaahhhhhh. LOL

Thanks for taking this time to share some of my blessings with me, Beth Ann

No comments: