Thursday, January 24, 2008

Middle of the month meditations

Well we all knew that winter would come sooner or later. It has been a cool week in middle TN. Currently it is 30 and sunny, but earlier this week we saw freezing rain. Still better than MI, northern MI. I talked to my oldest dd last night and it was 2 in our home town, with ten new inches of snow. I really need to work on her mother in-law, if she moves down here; so will my dd.

It has been a very busy month for birthdays in our family. First, my grandson had his 1st. birthday! Then my oldest ds turned 15, and started looking at cars to fix up with his dad. Then my DH turned the big 40! It was a quiet affair, as was his request; even though his big sister thought we should have black balloons - LOL There were several other extended family b-days as well. You may all draw your own conclusions as to why there is a huge Jan. birthday phenomenon.

I have mostly been busy just cooking and searching out local food co-ops for the best deals. I bit the bullet and decided to pay exuberant amount of money for dried cherries. They have been much anticipated by all in the family. I use them in place of raisins in my granola, oatmeal cereal bars and biscotti to name a few. But found out that they didn't come in on the truck! My son is going to be soooo disappointed. But my big 25lb. bag of oatmeal came - LOL We shop shop every two weeks, last week and next week. I found many great marked down meat deals last week. I never pay full price for meat anymore. I was able to get five pounds of marked down burger at the pig, which my son made into jerky for my DH (a birthday request). It was so yummy! The key is to get to the store pretty early in the a.m. for the meat. I feel it is one of the few things I can do as all other grocery prices just keep going up. The shredded cheese I buy went up 30 cents last week and the veg. oil went up 51 cents! Guess what, my DH wages stayed the same! Where will it end?

"My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work" - John 4:34

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: