Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Well, I did it!  I finished my first sweater!  Such a feeling of accomplishment : )  It seemed to take forever, but I did finish like 12 other small projects while working on it.  Now I look back and go, OK, that was actually pretty easy ; )  I was so worried it wouldn't turn out and wouldn't fit anyone.  Well it didn't fit the person I intended, but I did find a happy recipient for it.  This is the second item I have knitted by the pattern and has turned out to small.  I am starting to see that most patterns run on the small side.  No problem, I will just make the proper adjustments.  Here is the finished item:

It is a bright pink sweater knitted with an acrylic silver thread running through the yarn.  I add purple mohair to the cuffs and collar.  The collar was crochet, single stitch.  Note the awesome designer label, I ordered these a while back and have some that say grandma too.

I turned my back for one second while taking photo's and our cat Joe thought he liked the sweater too!

And here is the happy new owner of the sweater, my friend's dd, H.    Alls' well that ends well.

Blessings, Beth Ann

1 comment:

pam said...

Well done...this is why I avoid clothing for older than babies. I've only been knitting a year or so but I LOVE doing baby items.