Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rock Band

I spent the week-end playing with a rock band! LOL And it was soooo much fun! Ok, so it wasn't a 'real' band, but after playing the drums for over an hour straight it sure felt like one. And believe me when I tell you the feeling of rejection you get with a low score or being voted off for a different singer sure feels like the real deal!
My DS has a friend who spends every week-end at our house, and with public school out he has been here every day. He received this Xbox game, and all the paraphernalia, for Christmas and brought it on over. So everyone at my house has been playing in a rock band for the past few days.

Here is DH taking a turn singing.

Here is the band, DS on guitar and DD on drums.


Here is the friend, N, on drums.



My son on vocals.


DH and N playing back up for DS.
We had such a good time playing this, I was amazed. I had seen the commercials on TV, but didn't think much about it. We really don't do video games at our house. We have a few plug and plays, also great for keeping in the RV while traveling, and a couple game boys. That's it. So we feel blessed that N brought all this equipment over (enough that you feel like your traveling with a band) and we enjoyed such fun fellowship.
P.S. The game does have some parental controls and the boys were respectful enough to engage them so all members could play. I am big on content, some parents are not, including N's. Guess he has been here enough that he knows the drill - LOL
Blessings, Beth Ann






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!
:-D)