Wednesday, February 25, 2009


It has been a long, crazy, hair raising, very bad week since I last blogged. I will try to make this brief, but still give details. Last week my oldest ds was sick, tonsillitis's they said. Thursday we took him to have an abscess lanced. Didn't work. He was extremely ill, weak and completely swelled closed. They gave him a cat scan and put him in the hospital. Treated him with aggressive antibiotics and steroids. Then due to a doctor snafu, thought someone had checked him out and forgot about him. We didn't know this. We waited for over 24 hours for a doctor to see him, while he kept getting sicker. The nurses kept him on morphine while I kept trying to get a doctor to come and see him. At 8 p.m. Saturday night I got the head surgeon to see him. They gave him another cat scan. Found out he also had mono. Then they lanced him. Didn't work. Sunday morning they did an emergency tonsillectomy on him. Sent him home eight hours later! Two hours after being home he ruptured his cauterized throat and vomited blood every wear! We called 911 and got him to our local hospital. They got the bleeding to stop and checked him in for overnight observation (1:30 in the a.m.). Sent him home at 8 a.m. We took him back to the ENT specialist, where they renumbed his throat and re cauterized it. He has been home for two days now with no more misshapes. What I am leaving out is how this affected the whole family, the mental and physical trauma. Can't even begin to explain what it was like to see my son spewing blood and not being able to stop, and I mean alot of blood. Now we have to deal with the medical mishap and find a way to fix it, mot to mention the price of his RX's. They tried him on at least four, each one more expensive than the last - after our insurance, in the $100's. My DH sold his truck, so we had the money - thank GOD! Speaking of GOD, He sent the most special people to help us and be by our side through this. We truly feel blessed for our church family and the staff of the Animal Clinic ds works for. His boss, Doc Tate was so upset at how ds was treated that he felt he should have treated Z himself! LOL Bless him. Bless the Rauls and Koglin family and The Bunge's and all at C.C.C. Keep us in your prayers.

Blessings, Beth Ann

1 comment:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Oh my, I am so sorry your family had to go through this. Healthcare is very scary these days and they send people home to early. Hope your son is feeling better and the rest of you have some peace.