Saturday, March 07, 2009

waiting, waiting . . .

So what is the deal with doctors and appointments? Why do they give you an actual appointment time, say 2:30, but don't call you until closer to 3:30? That doesn't even include the time you wait once inside the examining room. What is the deal? Why do they feel the need to give you a sense of false hope? I just don't get it. I understand that emergencies come up or some patients take longer, so why don't they just tell you to come in around 9 a.m. and they will work you in before noon? There would only be a.m. and afternoon appointments, no specific times, no false hope, no waiting . . . I have spent sooooo much time in doctor offices in the past month I am about at my limit. I am hoping yesterday was the end, for a while. My oldest son had his post op check-up, which we waited 75 minutes for (same doc who is responsible for all the screw ups) and then the actual visit lasted 6 minuets! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Guess it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had all four kids with me and I wasn't in aggravating pain. I had fall in our front yard the night before and tore up my one shine and knee cap, and sprained my ankle on my other foot. It was my own fault, I can't see at night - period, and I have poor depth perception. My car was parked out front , which is very unusual, and so I ended up walking up the driveway and cutting across the lawn towards my car. Well there is a curb, I didn't see it and the rest as they say is history. All I can say is bless Kroger's for electric shopping carts!

Well son received a clean bill of health but was told it would take another 5-6 weeks to be 100% back to normal. Every time he yawns , he about cry. Which is what I guess happened last night. He woke up this morning a little panicked and started calling for me, which made me panic! I flashed back to the night he vomited blood. Well this wasn't quit so dramatic. He had some dried blood on his pillow, blankets and him self. Took us a few minutes to figure out that he must have had a clot and it came out in the night when he coughed. I checked him over and saw he had another good size clot in there waiting to be expelled, which happened shortly there after. There was no continual blood flow like before, so I relaxed. Then we spent the next half hour cleaning his room up. I am thinking I will pitch the sheets and just buy some new ones. I tried soaking them, but am not holding my breath. DS scrubbed the mattress as some had leaked all the way through, and he got it all out! Praise the LORD.

Oh and one last note on doctors. Remember how I thought I had mono but the doc said no way since I already had it. Well he did a mono spot anyway since I insisted (and he still remembered how I freaked out in the ER a week ago) and guess what . . . ? That's right, I have mono - again. My thyroid is perfectly fine, just mono, which is no fun either. So tired, all the time . . .

And I have a correction on the car front to add here. DH bought a 1973 Z-28 with T tops and functional things on the hood (sorry I don't share my DH love of cars). Can't wait for us all to ride to church together in that machine - LOL

Blessings, Beth Ann


Queen-Size funny bone said...

my husband had cataract surgery and we had to see the doctor the next day at 9. we get to the office and there are 6 people signing in at the same time and same doctor.

Lois Grebowski said...

Yep, sometimes they take teh term waiting room too seriously.

I was in a doc office once, when a lady in the waiting room got up, went back to the receptionist and told her she was leaving and wants to re-schedule her appointment. She only waits 1/2 hour in waiting rooms.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!