Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whats up Wendsday

Greetings all! It's been a while since I did a Whats up Wed. Today seemed like a good choice since I have many random pieces of news to share. I hope all had a great St. Patrick's day! That is always a popular holiday here, as we have Irish blood running through us. I always cook up a big pot of bubble & squeak (corned beef and cabbage) in my slow cooker. That is like every one's most favorite meal, ever - but alas we can only afford to eat it just once a year - awe :( Even the twins gobble it up! I also add some Irish soda bread and green cheese cake - yum! So basically I cook for like seven hours and it's all over in like 12 minutes - LOL

I have inserted a picture here of my most favorite coffee cup in the entire world because it recently met an untimely demise! Yes! For the second year in a row my mug has not made it through the year. Last year there was a dishwasher malfunction. This year a four year old was involved. I won't mention names but she lives here and has red hair! LOL My DH said that this year when we return to S.C. for our vacation he is going to buy like a dozen of these mugs. You know what that means right? Yea, I will never break another one if there are back ups!

Well the home health care nurse has been here 3 times now, and what a blessing. Z is doing better as of Monday than he was Friday, but he did have a scare on Sunday. Those nurses are great, and they talked me through getting him re-hydrated and his b/p back up. We took ds in for a check up yesterday and they put him on iron pills. Oh, and he has gained one pound of the sixteen he lost back! Still a long road to walk though. The mono is really making the healing go slow. Z told me he is so glad he is home schooled. He felt like he would never get caught up in public school and not get the rest he needs. His boss, Doc at the animal clinic, said that when he had his tonsils out he missed a whole semester of school. All I know is that I am tired of being tired!

Life has a way of always moving forward though. I am making plans to work at our church for VBS. The twins will be turning five in two months! Our middle dd is getting ready to take some more cheer/dance classes. Our oldest dd is coming for a visit in June and bringing the grand baby!!!!! There are flowers to be planted. A garden to be put in. A pool to open, and fellowship to enjoy. I know many people are apprehensive in these troubling economic times, but I urge all to remember that God is in charge and He will take care of you when you put your trust in Him, not the government! With these comforting thoughts our house looks forward to this coming year and hope you do too!

Blessings, Beth Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your mug. I know how I'm attached to my "good morning" mug.