Friday, August 14, 2009

Let's talk tomato


We have just picked about 18 -24 lbs. of tomatoes from our garden. Well, not really our garden . . . we ran out of room and planted them in our front yard by the porch : ) So today I made 6 lbs. of salsa. Tomorrow I will make about 12 lbs. of pasta sauce and the rest will go into home made tomato soup and home made vegetable juice. That is on top of the 6 lbs. of salsa I made a couple weeks ago and all the 'mato's I have gifted people with : ) Middle dd was heard saying today, "maybe next year we should only plant two tomato plants". LOL This is sooo funny since dh does not like to eat tomatoes. When questioned he did admit that he gets a kick out of growing them though!
Not much else new and exciting here. I know I haven't mentioned the weight watcher thing in a while. Well I lost 15 lbs. and that was it. It was to expensive to keep messing with it. About two weeks dh asked me about lo-carb eating. He had tried it a while ago and had good success with it, then the twins came and all our eating habits went out the window. Well I am always saying I need more protein and I don't count chicken our pork, just my thing - no white meat. Anyway, I agreed to try it for two weeks as soon as I got back from camping. Today is day five of the two week induction and both dh and I are down 6 lbs. Not to bad. I kept feeling tired though and I remembered reading that if you are on blood pressure medicine you might need to either stop it or change it because your blood sugar level will lower so much that your blood pressure will too. So I monitored my BP for two days and yes it was running low. So yesterday and today I only took half a pill and my BP is back to normal and I am day two without a nap : ) We are limiting ourselves to 20 grams of carbs a day during our two weeks and I am amazed at how easy that is and how not hungry I feel. I will wait to the end of the two weeks to make my final decision. I still add other food items in for the kids, like they got fries today with their turkey dogs, so everyone is happy.
This was the first week of school for the twins and they L-O-V-E-D it! Next Monday I start with the older two, hope they at least show up - LOL
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: