Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday


Well . . . here we go. It's another week, another Monday. Had a pretty quiet week-end. Husband was sick, and I had to go solo with the kids to church. There was some awesome news at church yesterday though, one of the ladies who has been waiting over four years to bring home a child she adopted in Haiti, got the go ahead. Baring any unforeseen circumstances, they will be in church this coming Sunday! You can read her story on the link at the right, on her blog - This,that, and life's joys.
Well we are heading out to camp this coming week-end. I am finely taking the family to Defeated Creek. Husband had a few extra vacation days to use. We will be leaving in about six weeks for our Annual South Carolina trip, he will use the rest then : ) We will be camping this week-end with some friends from church as well, and another home school family. That is one of the perks, vacations on my schedule, not the public school systems schedule! LOL Thankfully it is still warm enough down here to swim and sit out at night with out freezing your tukus off.
As far as Mondays go, this one today was pretty mild. I have had a scratch soar throat, but I made a huge crock pot of home made cream of mushroom soup. I didn't realize that dh didn't like canned mushroom soup until he asked about dinner. He said he hated canned, but mine made with fresh 'shrooms was amazing. It was a lo=carb recipe I found and it even looked elegant. Oldest son made some rolls to go with dinner, and I swear that is all I could smell or concentrate on! Is there no hope for me? Husband was much more noble. I might be more noble when PMS is over!
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: