Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Prep

I have wanted light up deer for my front yard for the past ten years. Hubby wouldn't let me get any when we lived in northern MI. He said he didn't see the point since they would be under 10 inches of snow by Christmas! LOL Soon after we moved to middle TN and the weather is much more mild to say the least. Every year we acquire one more item for our outdoor Christmas display, but never any deer. I guess we were waiting for a screaming deal. This year as soon as they went 25% off hubby bought them. Not a great deal, but better than a poke in the eye.

Here is oldest son putting my prize together, some assembly required!

They're finished!

Awaiting their final resting place . . .

I put oldest son in charge of a center piece for the Christmas table. Did I mention that he enjoys flamage? In case you can't make it out, that is one large candle surrounded by a dozen smaller ones. I also don't know if you can see, but there are small star holes in the side of the candle holder. Half way through dinner there was a red sea of wax slowly encroaching upon us, it was a tad unsettling.



Here is my much tamer center piece for the kitchen buffet : )

Good times, good times.

Blessings, Beth Ann
















No comments: