Sunday, December 06, 2009

Three weeks in . . .


Just checking in to let everyone know we are still alive and mostly over the snotitise. It only lasted about 3 1/2 weeks! LOL I also wanted to mention that as of yesterday it has been 3 weeks that hubby and I started following the book 'Mastering Leptin' , which is a hormone. Basically you cure any hormone imbalances by diet, a predominately lo-carb one. I want to stress though that carbs are allowed though! Just that your protein has to be higher than your carb intake, which is not the norm for a sad diet (standard American diet). So if your meat for dinner - say chicken is 32g protein, keep your dinner carb at around half of that or less. There is a link at the right in my Amazon favorites, check it out. I have lost 21 pounds in the past 3 weeks and hubby is right around 20 lost as well. My energy is increasing every day and I am not dreading my doc appt. next week, like I usually do. I have long known that diet was key to most health issues and had previous success with lo-carb, but money is a factor. My good friend had been reading this book and saw another of our friends drop 70 pounds in 5 months. She staged a health intervention and gave me this book. After much emotional baggage was unloaded she offered support and took me shopping to get me started. It is still a struggle financially, but we are truly motivated and I know that in my friends I'm not alone and have my own support system.
I am anticipating that by Christmas I will have lost at least 10% of my body weight and come the new year I will be ready to start an exercise regimen. Blessedly I live only two blocks from a city park with a very . . . energetic walking track : )
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: