Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What's up Wendsday


Not much is the answer. It has been a blessedly calm week since last Friday's storms. The kids are plugging away at school work, working towards an end. May be longer for us than we thought since all the sickness, but hey - that's one of the great things about home school! Oldest DS is still suffering what I have now come to call "typical" CFS pain and symptoms (chronic fatigue syndrome). He gets dizzy and light headed every time he moves, splitting headaches, gut aches, chest pains, and muscle/joint pain in general. He usually feels so bad he doesn't want to eat. It is an uphill battle all the way. I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to read everything I can on CFS and am now trying to prepare my first weeks worth of menu plans. Not an easy task. We are trying an elimination diet to see what foods will help and what foods make things worse. There is two pages of not allowed food, such as caffeine and sugar, and only half a page of allowed foods such as vegetables and beans. We have already noticed that when he eats certain foods that are on the don't list that he doubles over in agony and is so weak. Today for lunch I made a pureed cauliflower soup, and it was awesome if I do say so my self! LOL I cajoled DS into trying some. He ended up eating the whole bowl and there has been no pain or a trip to bed to rest. He has been able to sit in the living room with the rest of the family, what a joyous rarity these days! The soup was made to CFS specifications, and all seems to be well. Looks like we are on to something. I will go Friday and do my big weekly shopping at Kroger's and praise God that they carry so many healthy/specialty foods such as cashew butter (he can't have peanuts) and wonderful organic veggies. Most times both DS and I feel tired and overwhelmed, but we know we can get through this - with God!
Blessings, Beth Ann

1 comment:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I'm glad alle the is well. i love
the daisies.