Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Pumpkins, pumpkins, who likes pumpkins . . .




I DO! LOL There right up there with coffee : ) I found a great pumpkin pie spice home made coffee creamer recipe to share, and it's economical too! Now I have heard a nasty rumor flying around about a canned pumpkin shortage this year, due to flooding and such. Not sure how true this is as finding canned pumpkin in my rural little town is always dicey. I have noticed though that when I do find it that the price is high. Pumpkins are in season now and the prices should be lower or on sale. So . . . if your out and about and see canned pumpkin, you might want to pick up a couple of cans. I'm just saying . . . After all, what are the holidays without pumpkin in someway, shape or another?


Pumpkin Pie Coffee Creamer


1c. half n' half

1/3 c. sugar

3 Tbs. canned pumpkin (leftover freezes great)

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice


Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Heat until sugar is dissolved and ingredients are well blended. Cool. Store in refrigerator. Shake well before each
use.
Compare this to the price of the expensive stuff in the dairy dept. the next time your at the local store!


Blessings, Beth Ann
P.S. Notice the S.C. cup? That is the second one I have had in two years. They keep getting broke! Only 3 more days until I can buy a new one at the local Pig on Edisto Island!

No comments: