Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Comish

I am proud to say that I finished my first commissioned knitting piece on time : )  Although it gave me kittens quite a few times, but I tend to be a perfectionist.  It was worth it by the look of the finished piece however.  I took the order right before Thanksgiving and started it a couple days after.  I finished it two days before Christmas and put the finishing touches and fringe on it Christmas eve, about one hour before delivering it!  I was very happy with this piece and myself for setting a goal and finishing it.  I might have been able to do it faster if I hadn't also been teaching school, cooking, decorating for the holidays, attending parties, gift shopping/wrapping and cleaning!  Whew!  Many people saw me working on this and now they want one too!  I said no more scarves until next year!  I would actually like to do something for myself for a change, but we will see.  I am still working on a pair of socks and I still have that specialty yarn for the knitted cargo pants I want to make.  Sigh.  While I was helping B with her knitting last night (see, nothing for me), Z walked up and asked if I could make him a matching beanie for his scarf.  Double sigh.  I still have B's scarf to finish and none of these people pay!  LOL

Here is the finished scarf, in Griffindor House colors.


The small narrow strips indicate a year 3/4 scarf


Here are the two Harry Potter scarves side by side.  Larger stripes are year 1/2  and this one is Z's in Raven claws house colors.  Other differences are that year 1/2 is knitted in long tube and tied off with tassels.  Scarf 3/4 is a single ribbed knit with fringe ends.  Both are pretty good looking and a nice pattern to knit.

Let me know if you want one and I can also make matching hats, mittens, socks, and bookmarks : )
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: