Monday, January 03, 2011

Sock it up

I did it!  I finished my first sock ~ ever!  This was my third attempt at it too.  First attempt, dog at it and my needle too.  Second attempt, small child pulled out all the needles (used 4, knitting in the round).   Soooo, you can see why I am so excited.  It even looked better than the other attempts as well : )  Now I am just praying I have enough yarn left for second sock (wouldn't that be irony).  It has been so long since I started this and with losing some yard to . . . lets just say acts of nature, well I don't have the saved yarn wrapper to tell me how much was in my skein so that I can compare it to the pattern.  I am just moving forward with the assumption I do, and yes I know what they say about assuming.

This was a tub sock knitted in a spiral round, funky huh?

Oh ye of little faith, it does fit and doesn't look to bad either : )

Sigh, just waiting for a mate, but sooo comfy.  They say once you wear a hand knitted sock there is no going back.  You will never want to wear a store sock again.  Oh and as I was trying this on, Z walks over and wants to know when he can get a pair.  I swear he will not make it to his birthday in 11 days!  Just something for me . . . once . . .

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: