Saturday, February 26, 2011

Frugal and Fashion

Good Sat. morning all, hope your enjoying your week-end.  A beautiful day here.  I wanted to share a couple of things with you today.  First is a great buy I stumbled upon during my Friday shopping.  I had been making my own toothpaste, to avoid the fluoride (google fluoride health dangers), but the kids weren't that keen on it.  That's the background story.  Next, Rite-aide has a scan card now (all stores do) and I have received a couple good coupons, the last being a $5 off coupon.  I knew they carried the Tom brand of health care products (that is were we buy our aluminum free deodorant), so went in looking for fluoride free toothpaste.  Found it, at $5.47.  That's right, you know where this is going . . .

After the coupon in was .47 cents, plus tax.  So .97 cents total, the same amount I would pay at the dollar store for reg. fluoride toothpaste.  So that didn't hurt at all to compromise for the kids.  Hubby and I are still using the home made, so maybe it will string it out and make it last longer.


Sorry this is so grainy, but you can see were the total is and that I gave them $1 to pay.  So, if you have a Rite -aide near you it is worth it to sigh up for just one more card : )

Next on the agenda, I have finished two projects this week!   Man it feels sooooooooo good to finish stuff.  I usually have 4 or 5 things going, so it seems to take awhile for all of it.  Not to mention I also seem to always stop and make gifts for people.  But I love it : )  This week I finished my first pair of socks ever (excellent for sleeping in and keeping my toes super cozy) and last night I finished my knit funky hat.


It is simple but the eyelash yarn makes it look so . . .  ooh - la - la - LOL  I worked on this predominantly in Wed. night bible study (shh. don't tell anybody), so took me about 4 weeks of 45 minutes each.  I love it and will wear it everywhere!  I wore it to the library today and the librarian asked if he could touch it.  Of course he could!  : )

I still have a H. P. scarf for B and a pair of pants for me on the stix's, but first I have been asked by a friend to make some baby booties for her new grandson.  How can I say no to that?

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: