Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Aztec Chicken

Hey all.  I just wanted to share this slow cooker recipe I made for dinner tonight.  It was soooooo good!  Even the twins ate and had seconds : )

Aztec Chicken

1 can black beans
16 oz. frozen corn
16 oz. chunky salsa
4 boneless/skinless chicken breast
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed

1.  Combine beans, corn and half of salsa in slow cooker.
2.  Arrange chicken over top.  Pour remaining salsa over top of chicken.
3.  Cover.  Cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-6 hours.
4.  Shred chicken in pot, using a fork and knife
5.  Stir in cream cheese and cook until melted

Serves 6

I served mine over corn chips for the kids, but it is also great over brown rice.  Feel free to add more seasoning to make it hotter to your taste.  I used some frozen 15 bean I had left from a recipe, in place of the black and it was wonderful. 

Happy fall ya' ll and blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: