Sunday, July 06, 2008

All over but the yawning

Here we are at the end of the 4Th of July holiday week-end. It just seemed to speed by! We were so busy, but in a good way. We had some friends over for a cook-out/pool party, and DH ended up working. In the end, my friends DH had to go spring my DH from work so we could start the grill and eat! LOL


My plan was to start the day early, get all my shopping out of the way and have the rest of the morning to cook, and the afternoon to chill. Well everyone else in town had the same plans, and stores were packed by 8 a.m. I persevered, got home and to quote a singer/Pink - "get this party started".



I took this picture to show you how odd my kids are, they think apples and yogurt are junk food - LOL I brought home apples to keep the twins busy w/their big sis while my ds and I started cooking.






This one I took just because I had never seen anyone cook in a fedora before! That is my very own oldest ds baking his famous carrot cake. I know I have mentioned it before, but the boy LOVES to bake! He says it relaxes him. How many fifteen year olds do you know who stay out of trouble by staying in the kitchen! LOL

Well we all had a great time, great food, great fellowship (even if the guys did split to have their fellowship in a fireworks tent up on the highway). I had bought all the kids those glow in the dark necklaces and by the end of the night even the animals were glowing! Once again, I love living here in Tn!

Remember to join me tomorrow for menu planning Monday.

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: