Thursday, July 03, 2008

A day late


Okay, I know this is a day late, and I struggled with not doing this and saving this blog. But then I said, what the heck it's my blog and I can blog what I want to! LOL
Anyway, there is a group that meets over at Rocks in my dryer's blog on Wed. (check out logo at left) and the topic this week was your favorite 5 ingredients or less recipes.
Here are mine:
Carrot Soup
1 pound bag of baby carrots
fresh ginger to taste
2 cups chicken stock
In medium saucepan, combine the carrots, stock and peeled grated ginger. Simmer until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly, and puree in blender or food processor. Serve warm and garnish with your choice of fresh herbs such as chives, a dollop of sour cream or yogurt or a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice. My kids love this! I top mine with the sour cream and chives.
Date ~ Pecan Squares
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup raisins or other dried fruit (I use cherries)
2 cups coconut flakes
In a food processor, using "S" blade, grind pecans to a fine meal, add dates and raisins. Process until a dough like consistency is reached. By hand, work in 1/2 cup of coconut. Sprinkle 1/4 cup coconut in a 8x8 pan, place date-pecan mixture on top and spread to cover bottom layer, Top with remaining coconut, and press in to cover. Cover and place in refrigerator. When chilled, cut into squares.
This is so yummy I will never go back to eating fig newtons again!
Those are my favorite two recipes. Hope you enjoy them too.
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: