Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Wishing all a warm and wonderful mother's day, if your a mother or not. I will say mine was one of the best ever. My day started with my oldest calling from MI, bright and early! Only four more weeks until her visit! I am sooo excited to see her and the grand kids. I just walked around all morning with a big grin on my face. My DH and other four kids made me breakfast and we all ate together before heading off to church. It was a wonderful service with an awesome surprise at the end. A gentleman who had been attending regularly for the past few years gave himself to Christ! He had a great testimony to share and the joy was palatable and contagious! Again, I couldn't stop smiling. After church it was an extremely quiet day, the twins even took a nap. Ok, they actually fell asleep watching a video in the early afternoon, but still . . . LOL DH and kids finished getting our starter plants transplanted from the peat pots we started them in, into the garden and we called Grandma S in Las Vegas. It was the next best thing since I can't reach my own mom. Miss the Vegas due so much . . .

Well they are going to start putting the roof on our church tomorrow and one of the lady who runs the church kitchen approached me about helping to cook for the crew. It was a sign and a blessing. We are struggling with medical bills/school tuition and curriculum and I had recently been praying on if I should try to watch children again to help our income. I really don't like kids and feel that not only do I have enough of my own but with cooking special meals for my son - three times a day; well a bit over whelming to say the least. So being asked to cook, which I guess the insurance company will pay for (or something like that) seemed ideal. I love, love, love cooking and I love, love, love my church family! Just another reminder of how God provides and will show you his will. Just be patient and listen.

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: