Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Friday

Well it's the last Friday of the month and I am here to tell you that not much is going on. Been a blessedly quiet week. I have spent my time with home school, visiting the handicapped puppy at Tate's, trying to hustle knitters for church and working with another church lady on revamping our church nursery. Huh, when I put it in writing, maybe not so slow? LOL

Well I cut up the ham I bought last week and I am proud to say I got four dinners and a lunch out of it. That worked out to about $1.85 a meal. Tonight I have some of it in my crock pot. We are having cheesy scalloped potatoes with ham in the slow cooker and home made cornbread for dinner. Smells pretty good in here right now. Or it could be the fresh pot of coffee I just made?

Two weeks from today we are leaving for our yearly trip to the ocean. We are so broke we almost don't have the money to go. This happens every year. In one way it's a blessing that we make and pay for our reservations back in February out of tax return money, but a real bear to come up with gas money nine months later. YOu never know what the current gas price will be, about $2.33 here right now. We qualify it as birthday/Christmas and anniversery gift for hubby and me each year, and as an investment in our family with the wonderful memories and bonding we share. Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts.
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: