Saturday, September 26, 2009

Knit and run

Ok, so how did you spend your week-end? I taught myself to knit! I have been thinking about this for about a year, and really contemplating it for the past 3-4 months. I kept flapping my mouth at church and telling the ladies, "wouldn't it be nice if we had a knitting group an made items to donate?". Yea, sounds like me doesn't it - LOL Finely someone took me up on it and then they made the time for it and the next thing I knew people were looking at me for guidance! Yikes. So Thursday I headed over to the trusty neighborhood library to beg someone there to help. I found not only a lady who said she could help, if we managed to coordinate our schedules, but a great learners book as well. Then on Friday a friend stopped by and was able to get me started, who knew she had this hidden talent and why did she not tell me like, oh I don't know, 3-4 months ago! LOL So anyway, yesterday I learned to cast on and knit. Today I perfected the knitting thing and figured out the purl thing as well. Now I am working on the knit one, purl two thing. I want to have a nice piece to show on Wed. night to the church ladies when we get this puppy rolling. Good thing I figured it out too, one of the ladies cornered me in the Dollar General Market this morning and grilled me on if I knew what I was doing or not and if I would be able to help her. Seems she picked up some nice yarn while she was in Mexico last year, in Christmas colors, and wants me to help her transform it into a great gift. Whew! Glad I can help : ) On top of this, all week-end each one of the kids has come up to me, independently, to tell me what they would now like me to knit for them - ha! Shaking my head here, gotta love them.

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: