Friday, January 01, 2010

2010 Blessings



Welcome all to 2010 and blessings for you!


For the new year I am considering starting a second blog based on the Leptin health plan we are following. High protein, low carbs, which means pretty much no sugar or darn little. It seems to help all our food issues and food allergies we have been struggling with for the past year. It seems to jive with our sugar, yeast, dairy, and gluten allergies.

I would love to share with you all our successes and failures as we navigate a brand new year and try to reach a healthier lifestyle. I would include menus, recipes, new items and news items = LOL Please keep me posted on if this sounds appealing or not. I feel so strongly about the message in this book and have the seen the results in myself, my spouse and friends, that I want to share with all!

My new week starts on Saturday, through Friday. So I tend to do my weekly shopping on Friday or Saturday morning, which is also the best time for reduced products at my local stores. Yes I do weekly shopping as I found that seemed to increase my reduced product finds and was easier to pay meals forward (meals not used being used the next menu) and reduce spending the following week. We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 2 teenagers, 2 grammar aged children) and I had created a budget of $75 a week , which pretty much includes everything but utilities - LOL But eating more fresh meat and veggies (the green ones) is a bit more spendy, not to mention our handicapped animal ministry stretches the budget as well. Even though oldest son works at the local animal hospital and chips in for these critters, I upped our weekly grocery budget to about $100 a week give or take.

Here is a look at my week starting 1/2/10, ending 1/8/10:

Breakfasts: Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Sausage, toast and almond butter

Lunches: Tuna, hot dogs, chicken, burgers and leftovers

Dinners: Sat. - Mexican slow cooker stew
Sun. - Crock pot chicken casserole, home style
Mon. - Crock pot chicken mole'
Tue. - Ham and broccoli cheese soup
Wed. - Church, if nothing I can eat there then : BBQ beef w/ green beans
Thur. - Cube steak with gravy, slow cooker
Fri. - Chicken in creamy horseradish sauce, slow cooker

There you have it in a nutshell, what I am thinking about in the new year. I thought I could call my second blog, 'Liv'n the Leptin Life'. What do you think?

Blessings, Beth Ann




No comments: