Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Sunny Days

Well it was a sunny week-end in the upper 60's here in middle TN., and my hubby had it off!!! We had sooooo much fun. He kicked it off with a men's faith group breakfast at church. Oldest son only works half day on Sat., so picked him and his girlfriend up and headed for Nashville. We decided to skip the RV show, but ended up wandering around outside of Cullmen and Maxy RV sales, looking at the new models anyway : ) Then made a stop at camping world (mecca for RV'ers), and loaded up for the upcoming camping season. We also made a visit to Ernest Tubbs, Cooters and Willie Nelson's general store and museum. We skipped the museum part, it cost $5 to enter and there was a sing saying it would double on April 15th. Joke? I have no idea ~ LOL Cooters was cool though, it was free and I had no idea that there was that much Dukes of Hazzard crap, I mean merchandise out there! We capped off the day with dinner at Bod Evens. May not sound like a big deal to you all, but I think the next closest one is in OHIO! LOL We only do this once a year, thank goodness, and we were blessed with the best weather ever!


Sunday was equally as nice, and after a good-bye reception for our pastor, we commenced on the yard work! Hubby finished the fence between our second drive-way and the noisy neighbors. Oldest ds climbed on top the RV car port and trimmed tree branches, middle dd and her two friends finished raking and filling the compost bin. Me? Well I just kept running in and out of the house, trying to keep track of the twins who were bent on helping everyone! LOL Later as a reward, dh took the t-t0ps off his camero and we went to Sonic and brought home ice cream for the kids. Another wonderful day, that reminds me why we moved here and why we stay. There are good things in store this year, I can just feel it in my bones! They only sad disclaimer here is not being there for my oldest dd new baby : ( However I did modify my baby bib knitting pattern and whipped up a pile to send to her. I will also make matching burp towels and wash cloths. Does that make me sound annal? Didn't think so ~ LOL

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: