Thursday, January 01, 2009

My New Year

Happy New Year's ya'll! Since it is a new year, I decided to revamp my blog and blog background - Hope you like it! Also because it is a new year, it is traditionally a time to make resolutions if you will. I prefer to think of it as a new attempt at old goals. Since I am a traditional girl at heart (see blacked eyed pea's cooking on stove as we speak), I thought I would share a few of the goals me and my family have in store for us.


Financial - We are tightening our belt even further this year. My DH short stint at Wal-Mart is over, so back to one pay check again. I have gone from about$600 a month on food/paper to $450 now I am going to figure out how to make $75 a week work for us. I believe this will be good for us on sooo many levels: We will have to give up eating out except on "truly" special occasions, give up soda and sweets. Eat mostly fresh whole food, no pre packaged food. This will help with our health issues and waist lines. It will also help us to achieve our goals, healthy bodies, living with in our means, setting good examples for our kids and being able to take our big trip to Alaska with no regrets or financial burdens.

Health - Like I mentioned above, eating healthier. I will cut out snacks and night time eating (hope Sonic doesn't go out of business because of us). Since we can't afford soda, will be much easier to get water in. I am also going to try to make it over to the walking track they put in a couple blocks from my house, 3 times a week and take kids with me - keep us moving!

Personal - Take more pride in ME! (ditch the sweats and ponytail that persecutes so many SAHM) Watch out Cover Girl and Revlon - Here I COME - LOL Once again, see above about health issues, would love to get off my b/p meds. I am also going to read the bible in a year. This one always gets derailed since I do bible study with all my kids during home school and I do bible study with the ladies at my church. So, am doing this for me!


As I reflect on the up coming year I only see positive things. My children our getting older and thus not as needy of my time, so I don't have to feel guilty taking time for me once in a while. I am looking forward to being more active in outside activities such as book club and gardening (if I can get my meds fixed so that I won't stroke out in the sun), and even using our pool more. And the big one is . . . despite what happened to us last year, camping - camping - camping! I will let go of the negativity the event left behind, grow new butterfly wings and spread them wide! I am only 40 and will stop living like I am 60. I have been taking care of children in my life for almost 22 years, I will start to reap the rewards.

My family and I are dedicating the year 2009 to being more disciplined and living a life we will be glad to give to GOD.

Blessings, Beth Ann


No comments: