Saturday, February 06, 2010

Menus' and more 2/6 - 2/12

Come on in and sit a spell, that's what my meerkat (at left) is doing : ) I want to briefly share a PTL with you (praise the LORD). Grandma S. ended up having some emergency back surgery yesterday and we got the word today that she is awake and doing great! We have every reason to believe she will be home by Monday and on the road to recovery, PTL. This is so hard on us, being so far away, their in Vegas. She is the only Grandma the twins have ever known and our older kids have forged a deep bond of acceptance with Grandma S and Grandpa D too. These folks are like the parents I never had. Bless you guys!

Time for a menu and leptin update. I haven't been on a scale in about a week (need a new battery) but guessing I have lost about 35 lbs. now. The biggest kick is that I can now fit into 2 pair of jeans I haven't worn in about 3 years and can button up 4 (count 'em, 4) coats/jackets that I couldn't before. However I am still not into my pre-twin pants yet, sigh. Those kids really kicked my butt when I got pregnant with them - LOL Now I am making time for me, and making sure we are ALL eating healthy meals . My middle dd has even gone down one pant size without even trying : ) Here is a look at our Leptin/lo-carb, high protein dinner menu for this week:

Saturday: Baked chicken w/brown rice and steamed cabbage

Sunday: Meatza (faux pizza) w/ salad

Monday: Mexican cheese casserole w/ brussel sprouts

Tuesday: Country fried steak w/green beans

Wednesday: Church dinner & bible study ~ grill night (from canceled last week)

Thursday: Chicken Casserole w/broccoli

Friday: leftovers : p

Remember, you can always eat as many dark green veggies as you need to fill up, but keep your carbs under 20g. a meal and always less then your protein!

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: