Monday, April 12, 2010

MeMe Monday






Monday, April 12, 2010

MeMe Monday - Movies



Name a film that you have seen more than 10 times. While you were sleeping. I used to watch it every Christmas eve with my oldest dd while we wrapped gifts. Now I watch it every year with middle dd : )
Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the cinema. E.T. I loved that movie!


Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a film. Nicoles Cage, I really enjoyed both his National Treasure movies. Oh, and Family Man, Knowledge, Rumble Fish . . . LOL

Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a film. Brad Pitt, he has the talent of a pineapple. I can't think of one single movie of his I liked and don't even get me started on the fiasco of Meet Joe Black; a remake of Death takes a Holiday - yuck!

Name a film that you can and do quote from. ELF, "Son of a nutcracker!"

Name a film musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Do Disney movies for the kids count? I can sing Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid; front words and back! Oh, here's and adult one, Mama Mia! I use to have all those old ABBA songs on cassette : )

Name a film that you would recommend everyone see. Fast Food, INC. You'll never look at what you eat the same way again!


Ever walked out of a film? Not that I recall, but I did only watch about 5 minutes of one I rented a couple months ago and turned it off in disgust. I believe it was called, "Year One", or something like that. It stared Jack Black and lets just say . . . Blasphemy and . . . well that is the best I can say.


Name a film that made you cry in the cinema. E.T. I really thought he was going to die. Hey, I was only 13 when that hit the theater.

Popcorn? Not anymore. If I'm home I just try to keep my hands busy knitting : )


How often do you go to the cinema (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Never? I think the last time was like 3 years ago as guests of friends. We mostly just rent from Netflix. We do go to the drive in that we have here in town, maybe twice a year. Just to expensive.

What’s the last film you saw in the cinema? Saw "Fireproof" with a group of friends. But we did go to the drive-in last week with the kids and caught "How to train your dragon" and "Percy Jackson: lightening thief".

What’s your favorite/preferred genre of film? Comedy or Christian. Life is just to depressing to wast it on anything else.

What’s the first film you remember seeing in the cinema? My mom took me and my sister to see Cinderella. I remember that we sat in front of the crying booth (old theater) and all I heard was the babies crying.

What film do you wish you had never seen? Yentel, that is 3 hours of my life I will never get back.


What is the scariest film you’ve seen? I am legend. I couldn't even watch the end. Anything like that, where it could actually happen, is creepy bad. Husband tells me though that it was a remake of the movie Omega man, and like most things, the original was better.


If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be? Wow, that is hard. I'm having enough trouble with my own life! Hmmmmmm . . . Lucile Ball in the Long, Long, Trailer. Those were good times : )

Total number of films you own on DVD and video. Again, do Disney films count or are we talking me personally? I have an impressive start to a Christmas movie collection, then there are the movies that my older children jacked from me to factor in . . . I guess a ball park number would be . . . 3 dozen?

Last film you bought. I know this is repetitive but for me or the kids? LOL For me, The Outsiders. What can I say, a trip down memory lane. My middle dd loved it and ended up reading all of S. E. Hinton's books! Oh, but she jacked that movie from me : (


Last film you watched. Rumble Fish with middle dd, now you understand?


Five films that mean a lot to you. 1 ~ ELF, I even have the sound track. Guaranteed to put a smile on my face and Christmas spirit in my heart.

2 ~ Even Almighty, love the biblical accuracy through the movie and who can forget the acronym: ARK - changing the world starts with one Act of Random Kindness.



3 ~ Steel Magnolias, the very epitome of southern culture and what true female friendship is all about.



4 ~ Yours, Mine and Ours (the original with Henry Fonda and Lucile Ball). The first blended family and they also took a stand and made it OK for couples to have large families. They show how a marriage should work.



5 ~Any animated Scooby -Doo cartoon! Need I say more? If you know me at all, well then you know - LOL


What are your favorite movies?



Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: