Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Whats up Wendsday

Hey there. Just popping in to say hey and give a wave - LOL Actually I received lots of positive affirmation on yesterdays post and wanted to add a bit more to it as well. I want to add another example of the southern charity and good nature we have encountered in this sleepy little southern town.

Last week-end I finely got my act together and did a girls day out with my middle dd who is twelve. I try to do one of these ever few weeks, every other month or so on. For some reason time had gotten away form me, and it had been wayyyyyyyy to long, a fact my dd had be haranguing me about for a few weeks. So after our terrible "incident" I felt we needed a pick me up and caved in. I usually enjoy these little jaunts, but she wanted to go to the drive-in, and see the double feature on screen one. Ok, are you prepared to be shocked and horrified? Hold on to your underwear and don't say you weren't warned . . . High School Musical 3 and Beverly Hills Chihuahua. AHHH!!!!!!!!!! Now I wasn't opposed to the second feature( wich was so cute I have to buy it when it comes out on DVD), but I would have rather poked my eye out with a spork than see the first. I have sat through the first two HSM soooooo many times that I still wake up in a cold sweat if I hear the words "bet on it, bet on it". (only funny if you have seen the movie - sorry) Don't even get me started on the movie Camp Rock either. Which reminds me, Kristina if your reading this . . . please send that CD back so your sister will stop bugging me - thank you. Anyway, I digress. So I put my own personal revulsion aside and off we went. When we got to the main gates I was pleasantly surprised to see the owner taking tickets. I had met her like four years ago while doing a stint at the flea market which she and her DH also own (along with a ton of other stuff in town). Hadn't seen her in a while so we chit chatted a few minutes and I mentioned our "incident" to her as some of the vendors at the flea market were recent victims as well. As we wrapped it up I told her we were having our girls night out and she gifted us a free admission for the night. That small gesture not only brightened my evening but help put a bounce back in my step and jumped started my week with a positive attitude and a blessed calm about us and our situation.

So I could walk around saying how sorry I feel for my self and my family and blame this town for what happened, but I believe in the past couple weeks God has gone out of His way to show me the opposite. What a wonderful town full of caring people and now in these trying times it's more important to be closer than ever with your neighbors and lean on your church. I want to feel the light of God not only on my face but shining through my eyes.

Blessings, Beth Ann

It is our business to follow the Lord in simple faith. It is His business to make us into all He wants us to be.

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works." Ephesians 2:10 NLV

1 comment:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

that is funny today my daughter had the day off from work and we went to see high school musical. we already saw the chihuahua movie. its just a girly day together.