Sunday, August 10, 2008

Arent you GOURD you asked . . .

I know I have mentioned several times my youngest son has OCD. So far no major issues with it. I have it, as well as my oldest son. We both have a couple quirk's that do occasionally make life a little more . . . interesting - LOL For both me and oldest son, our OCD comes out more pronounced when we are stressed. To others it may seem on a daily basis's we are just "neat freaks", or "fussy" about where items should be kept and so on. I personally have some rituals that must be maintained - end of story. I wasn't diagnosed until my late twenty's and it just seems to gradually increase over the years. Didn't notice it in oldest DS until he hit puberty. Guess that is why I am always amazed and sometimes amused at youngest DS antics. The first time we realized he had OCD was when he was only 18 months old. There was an incident at a laundromat in South Carolina. We tried to laugh it off as cute and cleaver, but a flag went up with me. So we just watched and waited to see if it was a issue or a one time deal. Well you know the story from there. Like I said, it doesn't seem to have much of a negative feedback - yet. I can see where in the future it will and his twin sister already knows how to push his buttons. On the other hand, his OCD has given him incredible gifts with numbers, letters and pattern skills. He is only 4 but doing these scholastic skills at a first grade level. I must also say that oldest DS has excelled at math, and is gifted in science. I to seem to be ahead in the math/reading area. Isn't OCD funny? I don't want people to walk around thinking my kids are like "Rainman", but just trying to help you get a mental picture of life with them and me.

Last week I shared Weinerhenge with you. This week is the garden gourd army. We picked our first pumpkin and gourds from our garden last night! So I dug out my pig ear basket to make a center piece for the table. This is what I found this morning when I had my back turned for a moment and left youngest DS at the table.


E's amazing gourd army all lined up and ready for action!


Give someone you know a hug today.
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: