Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gratituesday


I love God so much and I am grateful that I can see Him working in my life! So on this Gratituesday I am grateful for having God in my life.
I want to share a story that started about 4 months ago. My oldest dd called me to tell me she was getting married. When we relocated to middle TN. she remained in northern MI. to be with her friends and boy friend. They have been together for 7 years and last year they gave me my first grandchild, Jack. So this news came as no surprise. But it did come at a very bad time and with real short notice. For many reasons, including money, jobs and my other children, we couldn't make it up there. My husband and I prayed every day on this. I watched it eat up my middle dd. As the time grew nearer, it tore me up too. I tried to be as happy and supportive as I could on the phone for her. Last Sat. was the same. I called to tell her that I had mailed her wedding gift and offered her comfort and advice . I KNEW in my heart we weren't going and I had accepted it. Then last Sunday God spoke to us. My DH and I were praying and I heard HIM, and DH did too. I looked up from praying and said, "God says to go and take our RV to stay in up there". At the same time my DH looked up and said, "We will find the gas money". We looked at each other in amazement, then started laughing and crying. DH said, "God wants us to ask for prayer on getting there". I said at almost the same time, "God wants us to start a prayer chain of love". The feeling was electrifying and I could feel the love bubbling up inside of me. We started right away that day. Phoning, emailing, visiting people and and asking for them to pray for us and our trip. We are totally walking in faith on this one. We don't have one extra dollar to our name and we will need the gas to drive about 1600 miles round trip. With shaking hands I dug out the RSVP from her wedding invitation and filled it out, six people will be going to your wedding and reception. When I put it in the mail first thing Monday morning, DH said there is no turning back now. In just 14 days we will be leaving for MI on Gods love. We are excited by trusting God like this and are hoping that by telling as many people as possible about our trip we can also turn it into a testament of God and reflect His love for others to see and want a part of. Today is only day two of this mission and we have already had several positive affirmations of love and prayer. We are so thrilled, and the children are learning a valuable lesson as well.
Walking in faith and leaning on God is not new to us or our family. For the past year and a half my DH has had no gas money for his truck, but he has never missed one day of work. On pay days we never put any money side for our vehicles, we didn't have any after paying bills and buying groceries. Some how he always managed to have enough. An odd job here, a car repair there. The key here is the word enough. We always had enough, never more, never less. God will always give you what you need to survive. The trick is to knowing what you need vs. what you want. You and God might have different ideas! LOL
I have mentioned the book God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew several times here on my blog. It has impacted me and my family greatly. My DH and oldest son reference it frequently. So once again I encourage you to read it if you are unfamiliar with it. If you know me personally, I would be glad to lend you my dog eared copy!
For more Gratituesday visit www.heavenlyhomemakers.com
Blessings, Beth Ann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very powerful, Beth Ann. Thank you for sharing! It's so good to know that God has it all under control.

Anonymous said...

SO encouraging! Thanks for sharing it with us!!