Monday, August 18, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Another week has whizzed by and here we are, in the middle of August. Wow. That's all I have to say on that ~ LOL
We only shop twice a month and this past week-end was one of them. I had just finished this book on 52 easy ways to go green and was armed with a list of items to upgrade at the store. I am getting pretty good with buying healthy food but need work in areas such as personal hygiene and cleaning supplies. It is so hot and humid down here in the summer I have a hard time staying dry unless I buy a roll on with aluminum in it. I know, I know. So I am trying a new brand this week called Kiss my face, since the crystal roll on didn't cut it. This seems to be a bit better, or maybe it's because our humidity drooped as fall gets closer? Either way I was proud it also doesn't have "fragrance" or "parfume". Between that and the toothpaste, ten dollars was pretty much shot. Big sigh. Good thing we are eating more beans and lentils. Also, as my make-up wears out I am trying to go Parban free. I found some organic stuff over with the Maybeline, but apparently being fragrance, parban, animal and chemical free means that it is hard and plastic like, aka - won't spread or move. Sigh.
This week kicks off my transition to the Sue Gregg cookbooks. I can't say enough good stuff about how easy she explains why and how to eat natural and healthy. Best part is it IS cost affective! Last night I made stuff peppers and didn't tell the kids there was no meat in the brown rice, just minced up veggies. They didn't notice or ask. It also filled them up and there wasn't the usual night time clamor for a snack before bed. Course we were playing a pretty aggressive game of Uno Attack, maybe they were distracted? LOL Either way, for more info visit www.suegregg.com
Here is what we are having for dinner this week:
Monday: Pot O' Bean Stew w/home made bread sticks and tossed salad
Tuesday: Waikiki Kabobs stuffed potatoes and pineapple slices
Wednesday: Church/Mom's night off (dinner before bible study)
Thursday: Chicken Paprikish w/whole wheat egg noodles and cabbage wedges
Friday: Tuna Loaf w/ creamed potatoes and peas
Saturday: Home made pizza w/ salad
Sunday: Chile's povo con arroz (pablano peppers and turkey over rice) w/ corn bread and veggie sticks & dip
(Had this listed last week for last Sunday by mistake. Like I mentioned, yesterday was stuffed green peppers w/just picked corn on the cob and a marinated olive & mushroom salad)
For more Menu Planning Monday visit www.orgjunkie.com
Whats for dinner at your house this week?
Blessings, Beth Ann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh I am one of those guilty anti-perspirant users. Gulp. Everytime I put on my Degree, I feel guilty. I know the stuff in it can get into your blood stream and isn't good for you.

I take literally 40 vitamins a day (broken down into 4 bags), so I'm hoping they kick in and "protect" me. I... just... can't... go... stinky! LOL I can't give up my deodorant!!!!!!!! :(

Kudos to you for going even more deep with the healthy/organic/green things. You're a better woman than me!

We do vitamins, organic meat/dairy/produce, and those weird looking lightbulbs. But some is better than none, right?! :o)

(Woah, deja vu! ;)