Monday, August 04, 2008

Menu Monday

Hi ya'll. Another week and here we are, August! August brings the end of summer, school starting, my oldest dd birthday, and her wedding! A big month huh? I would also like to squeeze in at least one week-end camping trip. Camping has been few and far between this summer with DH opening a new store and temps in the high 90's. To hot for me. I take a b/p med that makes me allergic to the sun and hard to regulate my body temp. So don't want to spend all my time in the RV in the air conditioning. Hoping this month will bring some temp breaks. Either way, only 10 more weeks to our annual S.C. trip. Should I put a ticker on my blog? Not that I am obsessed about it or anything ~ LOL

My garden is producing big time now and I am running out of things to pickle! LOL I have even made some freezer jam. Thought my tomatoes would never turn red, but at last . . . If you have any good pickling ideas drop a comment. In the meantime, here is what we are having for dinner this week:

Monday: Macaroni lasagna w/tossed salad

Tuesday: Chicken stir fry w/ hot and sour soup

Wednesday: Turkey kielbasa w/ home made sauerkraut

Thursday: Dijon baked chicken w/ crock pot baked potatoes and steamed broccoli

Friday: Beefy Taco Jose on whole wheat buns w/fresh veggie sticks and home made applesauce

Saturday: Home made pizza w/ garden fresh salad

Sunday: Cheese and mushroom tortellini w/ garlic bread sticks and cucumber salad

Other cooking this week includes but is not limited to: Home made tortillas, pickled eggs, oven baked okra, home made graham crackers, home made salad dressing, turnip jam and pickled carrots. What are you having this week?

Get more Menu planning Monday at www.orgjunkie.com

Blessings, Beth Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right now we're at Poole Knobs in LaVergne. We'll Be at Prizer Point 8/10-17...Love that place! it's one of the best campgrounds...ever!