Friday, June 05, 2009

Feeling blessed


I am sitting here just finishing up my menu and shopping list for the church roof crew - and sometimes more : ) I feel blessed to have been a part of this project to fix our church roof that was blown off during the Good Friday tornadoes that plagued middle TN. this year. First, it gave me a chance to get to know a few of the church members better. Just seeing each other on Sundays and Wed. sometimes doesn't give you the chance to mingle out of your element so to speak. Second, it got me out of the house and out of myself - part of a bigger cause. Third, the insurance company is paying the workers, and that includes cooks. I can't tell you what a blessing that has been. Twice we were worried about grocery money, never any after paying the bills, and twice we were provided for with this endeavour. So many other blessings come to mind that it is hard to organize them all. I LOVE to cook and felt so at ease that I opened myself up to others who might have found me standoffish. I just have a hard time being social, hard to believe I know, especially if I don't know people or new situations. It seems to take me awhile to feel accepted. I have enjoyed teaching and sharing my food knowledge to others ( I worked with food professionally for 15 years before the chance to be a SAHM arose) who didn't know (maybe didn't want to - LOL) quit so much. Although the conditions were deplorable! No muffin pans, no cooling racks, 100 year old stove, disappearing ice . . . LOL Just kidding all, I loved every minute of it. I will be sad when it is over. However I will be thrilled with our new roof, lack of mildew smell, and all the deeper friendships! VBS will be starting in a couple of weeks, no telling what I can get into then : ) I am teaching the 3-4 graders, I am thinking of a couple of rambunctious boys right off the top of my head!
Maybe I should be a caterer? Hmmm . . . Have to think about it. What do you think?
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: