Saturday, June 20, 2009

Still waiting . . .

well we are still waiting on my oldest daughter to arrive. She has had a string of bad luck like you wouldn't believe. Well, maybe you would if you know my family! LOL We are hoping today is the day she leaves MI and heads down south to our waiting arms. When ever she gets here we are ready. I took the kids for haircuts last week and am going to force her and the grand kids to sit with my youngest four for a family picture. That was the only thing I wanted for Mothers day, a new family pic, and now is my big chance! Again, anyone who knows us knows that my oldest son has not had a hair cut for six months - for various reasons. Here are some of my most recent photos of him:


At work with the vet crew, he is the one with the hipster hat : )


Here he is modeling a parting gift from Grandpa D


Here is a black and white cell phone self portrait - love the fedora, crazy man, crazy


Stay tuned for a new photo with his hair cut and for family pic's with big sister K! Sorry I got your hopes up, just no current pic's now.



It has also been brought to my attention that I have as of yet not posted any pictures of our new feline addition. If you remember we agreed to take on this cat because she is paralyzed from the waist down. The vet knew we had experience with that because of my mini doxin. Her name is Bubbles and she is amazing. She can drag herself around the house using her front legs, at about 60 miles an hour! She can also pull herself up on any piece of furniture with her front paws, which one has six toes and the other seven! I think we need a ramp before all my furniture is shredded - LOL We have to take her outside to express her (pee) like we used to with Howard, the doxie. Howard is almost back to normal, 3 years latter, but still has some bad days and needs pain pills occasionally (don't we all). Howard even was able to scratch his neck for the first time in 3 years, last week (as best as a mini dog can : ) ! But the prognosis for Bubbles doesn't seem so cheery. We have been crating her in Howard's old pen and do see some slight improvement with that. Guess her future has yet to cast in stone .

Here is Bubbles, hard to tell from this pic but she is a gray tabby


This is a classic Bubble pose, she is always demanding something! She actually quiet the Diva for someone who needs so much help - LOL

Well maybe I will spend the day taking more pic's of cats and kids with hair cuts. What else am I going to do while waiting for my daughter? Ok, well maybe I'll take the pic's after I get out the pool. Been hotter than Hades down here for past week or so. Will keep you posted.

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: