Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Whats for dinner this week/ Meat loaf recipe

It has been brought to my attention that I have neglected to post my menu this week. Sorry, see Crabby II entry for a valid reason as to why ~~ LOL



I have also had a request for the Crockpot Meatloaf recipe from last week. It is a popular meal around here. Matter of fact, my middle dd saw me getting the slow cooker out this morning and asked with an anticapery gleam in her eye, "crockpot meatloaf tonight?" It broke my heart to dash her hopes but she rebounded fine when I told her it was crockpot lasagna. First I will share the recipe, then the menu. Once again, sorry it is late.



Crockpot Meatloaf



2 lbs. ground beef

2/3 cup cream or milk

2 eggs

1/4 cup chopped onion

1 cup whole wheat bread cubes

1 tsp. salt

pepper to taste



Mix all the above ingredients well, shape into a loaf and set in vrockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with baked potatoes and a big salad!



Menu for this week: 2/16 to 2/22



Sat: Pizza w/salad



Sun: Oven baked: "Ritzy" chicken with brown rice and steamed mixed veggies.



Mon: Mexican chili potato burritos w/salad



Tue: Crockpot lasagna w/ garlic bread and steamed veggies.



Wed: Church/Mom's night off



Thur: Soup of the week/Wisconsin Beer Soup w/Brats and garlic cheese biscuts



Fri: Crab Alfredo Pasta W/broccoli



Other cooking this week ~ Home made tortilla shells, home made bread and home made ranch dressing. My oldest ds made no bake oatmeal peanutbutter cookies for a snack Sunday night ~ Yum!



Blessings, Beth Ann



No comments: