Friday, February 01, 2008

End of the week mummblings

Welcome to the first day of February. Will the ground hog see his shadow tomorrow? Don't be silly, he lives in PA. What do you think? LOL Either way, still 329 days before Christmas and 24 pay checks if you get paid every two weeks! Again, either way; good news ~ right? LOL

Well yesterday I had this really nice blog typed, with many of my famous recipes and apropriate antidotes to go with. About 30 seconds before I was ready to push the post botton, the weather knocked me of-line. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I know, my bad. I shouldn't have been on-line durning questionable weather to begin with. Sometimes I like to live "la vie la loca". Nothing usualy hits us here in our "holler". Most bad weather goes up Short Mt. and back down it, into Warren Co. Oh well, "Sa la vie".

Not feeling the love today, so will pare down my recipes and antidotes. I think I should try to share one a day or so, instead of waiting to the end of the week and posting everything. On thing I wanted to share for sure was my recipe for Date-Coconut Logs. It comes form my Hallelujah Acres cookbook, "Recipes for Life... From God's Garden" by Rhonda J. Malkmus. If your not familiar with the HA lifestyle, it is mostly eating raw. I personaly try to follow the 85/15% they recomend (usually do poorly at it), which is eating 85% raw food and 15% cooked food. This means the equivalant of 1 cooked meal a day, usualy dinner here. Sometimes the kids get squrrely, so I throw some whole wheat pasta at them or something. Mostly they are good sports and have grown to enjoy mom's home made/fresh salsa, guacamole, refried beans and ranch salad dressing. All excellent for veggie dipping. Not to mention my out of this world hummus and blue cheese dressing. But I digress...

Date ~ Coconut logs

2 cups dates
1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut

In a food processor using the "S" blade,grind dates until a dough like consistancy is reached. Wet your hands, shape into logs; and roll in coconut to cover.

This makes abut 1 doz. 2-inch logs

YUMMY!

I made these yesterday, and they are half way gone. I don't have a digital camera, or I would add pictures now. I just picked up a disposable camera today so will add after I get them developed on to CD-ROM. One day it is my dream to have enough free time to buy a nice digital camera, and learn to use it the right way. I once looked at one, but when I saw that the user manual was almost half the size of my bible ( I have a large print ~ for almost blind people ~ Life applacation study bible) combined with the price , I quickly lost intrest!

Well I need to get going on dinner and diapers. I have my bi-weekly shopping to do tomorrow, but plan to drop by long enough to share my weekly cooking schedual and the awsome recipe for buffalo style chicked pizza I found. Tomorrow is Saturday after all, and that means home made pizza here at our home stead.

Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: