Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Friday

Title says it all.

Sitting here with a cup of coffee, listening to the rain dance on the pool. Hoping it will be warm enough to swim soon. House is quiet, DH at work and two oldest children are spending the night at Grandpa D and Grandma S. They are going to help refinish the deck tomorrow if the weather allows. Twins are watching a little PBS/Curious George, their favorite. This all leaves me some quiet time to reflect.

I am meditating on our Wed. night ladies bible study class. I really enjoy the fellowship, catching up with the others and sometimes something we study will stick with me more than others. This past Wed. we were more jovial than usual and a tad boisterous. I had been ask the ladies to pray with me on some personal issues. In a nut shell, forgiveness. I have come to realize that I can't wait for others to take responsibility for their continues actions of hurtfulness, but I must forgive and let it go. Anyway, our faithful leader came across this bible verse, and I have had it running through my head the rest of the week.

Matthew 5:44 ~" But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!"
(Life Application Study Bible)
My study notes include these insights ~ According to Jesus, it is more important to give justice and mercy that to receive it. By telling us not to retaliate, Jesus keeps us from taking the laws into our own hands. By loving and praying for our enemies, we can overcome evil with good.

So, that is where I am. I am lifting up in prayer several times a day the people who are unjust with me. I can already feel a sense of lightened as I trasfer this burden over to Jesus, as I should have done in the first place. Isn't it wonderful when your reading something and it seems as if the very page/verse were written just for you on that very day? Not only does God know every hair on our heads and whats in our hearts, but he knows when we are ready to hear His word on our troubles.

Blessings. Beth Ann

No comments: