Monday, September 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Greetings all. Still fighting the good fight here against gas ~ prices and lack of it. Now they are saying things should be back to normal by the end of the week. Guess that means long lines and $4.50 a gallon. LOL I did finely see some national coverage last night and today, mostly on how Atlanta is in the same boat as us.
I just made up what I hope is my last batch of humming bird food for the year. I really don't like to encourage them to stay past the first of October. I make my own nectar and it works great. Since most feeders are red anyway, no need to add artificial coloring to it. The recipe is simple ~ 1/4 cup sugar to 1 cup water. Just heat it until the sugar dissolves. I have a couple feeders and attract enough hummers that there is always a territory fight over it! So I assume it's good stuff ~ LOL
Today is the first day of Autumn (you can call it fall if you please, but I say I like Autumn!) at exactly 11:15 a.m. today! Yea! My most favorite time of year! My birthday and half my families are in that month, maybe all that cake is a factor? On the bright side, 3 more weeks to our annual trip to S.C. Three more weeks to we are frolicking in the ocean, big sigh. On the down side, only 5 more pay days here until Christmas!!!!! YIKES!!!!! Scary when you only get paid twice a month and think in those terms! Anyway, with fall in the air, here is this weeks menus at our homestead:
Monday: Bean stew w/ veggie sticks and dip w/ garlic bread sticks
Tuesday: Baked lemon fish w/brown rice pilaf and broccoli
Wednesday: Church/ moms night off
Thursday: Cheesy asparagus casserole w/ tossed salad and biscuits
Friday: Bean burritos w/ coleslaw and Pumpkin muffins
Saturday: Home made pizza w/ veggie tray and dip
Sunday: Turkey sausage scalloped potato casserole w/peas and carrots and home made bread
Visit more of menu planning Monday at www.orgjunkie.com
Blessings, Beth Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be over Thursday. Love Asparagus. Hubby doesn't, so it'll be just me...LOL!

:-D)