Monday, September 01, 2008

Menu Plan Monday ~ Labor Day edition

Greetings all, from some very tired campers! We made it home yesterday afternoon, but still seem a little shell shocked over our whirlwind trip to my dd wedding. I didn't sleep four of the five days we were gone, so I was especially glad to see my bed last night. I usually don't have trouble sleeping in my RV bed, after all it's my sheets, comforter, pillows; ect. The issue was that at my dd house, where we parked and plugged in, wasn't level. So my sinuses kept rushing up to my head. Also, DH snored like a chainsaw trying to cut through a rusty metal pipe! He was sooo tired from all that driving. Anyway, otherwise the trip was uneventful, AMEN! My dd looked like a fairy princess in her gown and my middle dd looked too grown up in her brides maid dress! The weather was perfect for the ceremony and our trip, such a nice break from the south and the humidity (which was waiting for us by the time we reached Central KY). Took lots of pictures, but don't have them ready and organized yet. I even took a picture of how good the pizza turned out that I made and cooked in our RV as we drove through southern Ohio! LOL

Well we had to much sodium and nitrates in MI as we indulged in a few Kogel brand delicacies. Not to mention the dark chocolate covered espresso beans I treated myself to at the local Chocolate Haus in our town ~ super YUMMY! Today is a new day, a new week and a new month. Time to get back on the whole food band wagon. It took me two days to flush all the salt out of my system and I want to stay clean (smile). Here is our menu for this week:

Monday: Seasoned ground turkey & peppers over brown rice w/tossed salad and corn bread

Tuesday: Chili Con Carne on leftover cornbread w/ veggie sticks and home made ranch dressing

Wednesday: Church/Mom's night off

Thursday: Tuna noodle casserole w/ salad

Friday: Chicken taco's w/ guacamole salad

Saturday: Home made pizza w/ tossed salad

Sunday: Sweet n' sour meatballs over brown rice w/ carrot salad

Other cooking at my house this week includes but is not limited to, home made granola and home made graham crackers; seeing as how my dd took what I had with me to give my grandson. If he likes grandmas crackers, then I don't mind one bit! LOL To see more Menu Plan Monday visit www.orgjunkie.com Whats for dinner at your house this week?

Blessings, Beth Ann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the wedding went well for you, your daughter, and your family. I love homemade pizza. Your menu looks good. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you're back and can't wait to see PICTURES!!!!!!!!

Hey, we have something in common with our meal menus... we're going to have sweet an sour meatballs this week too! Not sure which day. I always make a list of meals and make whatever one on the list I feel like for that day.

We had turkey potpie with pepper biscuits (and a side salad) today (Hubbin is on 2nd shift right now so we can our big meal at lunch time).

Take care and glad you're all back safe and sound! ...oh and I DO want to see how that RV pizza turned out. :) That's AMAZING!